Sunday, November 3, 2013

30 Day Thankful Challenge: Day 3

Thankful challenge. What a lovely and civil idea. Ah November, with its nippy air, darker days, crackling fireplaces, the smell of cinnamon, family time and holiday soirées. It's that time of year when we start thinking about shopping and cooking and baking and loved ones and being thankful. It's also that time of year when we are rushed, stressed, and dealing with all sorts of difficult schedules, situations and even people. This perfectly timed challenge thus carries the honor of providing us a new tradition which adds a mere moment of retrospect, meditation and appreciation to our frazzled and ever-growing daily to do list. 

Perhaps then it's my duty, nay, it's my privilege to jump on this 30 day thankful trend. Today is day three and yes, I have completed days one and two. The funny thing is, today when I awoke I tried to think of something specific for which I was thankful.  

Granted, the cobwebs of sleep had not yet lifted their sticky tentacles from my worn and worried brain. Though I immediately felt guilty that I couldn't think of just the right subject for my "thanks" straight away, I immediately felt thankful for this challenge because it enabled me to start going over in my mind all the things I'm thankful for. You needn't worry. That's not what I'm thankful for today. I'm not that cliché! I have listed my first three days of "thanks" below. Happy reading!

Day 3: I am thankful knowing that my Mommy would be proud of me. She would totally dig my new career, marketing plan, and entrepreneurial spirit. She would even approve of all the investment risk. In fact, if she were with us today, she would be doing EXACTLY what I'm doing. Maybe a different subject, maybe her own spin, but she would so LOVE this brand-new (to me!) entrepreneurial platform. It's just right up her alley.

My Ma's graduation photo 1965

She would tell me, "Go for it Carrie. Live your dreams. Don't stop. Don't have a backup plan. You got this, girl."

And as fear, worry, absolute stricken terror, and EMANATE DISASTER approached, she would gently brush it all aside, insisting it would all work out. 

How?

"IT'S A MYSTERY!"

Day 2: I'm thankful for really great friends!!!

Photo by Dana Davis

Day 3: I am so thankful that I get to do work that serves others, inspires kindness and beauty, and is almost ALWAYS so much fun that even after several hours and working into the night...it doesn't seem like work. Thank you, Jesus!!!"

Why Etiquette and Manners are so important

There are so many joys to be grateful for. I hope I have inspired you to think about your own life and how marvelous and rich with miracles it is.

Thank you for reading and have a fabulous day. 

Carrie Glenn 
www.CarrieGlenn.com

No comments:

Post a Comment